- Leading client staff in creating
corporate budget model which integrates the Planning applications
with existing Cognos BI environment.
- Training BI administrator
on more advanced report writing techniques.
- Evaluating and optimizing reports with performance issues
- Working with IT team in identifying
performance bottleneck, and upgrading & clustering Cognos servers
to accommodate new applications and anticipated growth of end-user community.
- Designing an integrated Cognos
BI and Planning environment; starting out on the Cognos Series 7 platform,
then migrating to Cognos 8.
- Training client IS staff in creating Best Practice models and developing reports which generate efficient
- Performing quarterly troubleshooting checkups.
- Designing row-level secured
labor utilization & project cost report which pulls from three different
data sources each containing millions of records.
- Creating scheduled database stored procedures to populate datamart for minimizing
SQL calculations, joins and unions.
- Working with IT
staff in performance tuning of the Cognos servers.
- Optimizing 5-minute PDF reports down to less than 1 minute.
- Designing a shared Cognos 8
environment which serve the needs of the corporate office and distributed subsidiaries.
- Working side-by-side with IT staff in configuring and performance-testing & tuning of Cognos servers.
- Leading a group of model and report
developers consisting: staff consultants, 3rd party
consultants, and client staff.
- Architecting a re-implementation of client's Cognos solution.
and building datamarts to support BI initiative.
- Optimizing existing reports. Improving some reports from 5 minutes runtime to < 5 seconds.